Fishing Regulations - Fresh Water
Salopian Flyfishers Association Ltd: Fishing Regulations – Still Waters
There are two still water venues, Boldings and Brineton. Each has two pools.
1. Members are respectfully reminded that at all times and in all circumstances they must respect the wildlife, the natural beauty, and the lessor’s property. No dogs, litter, radios etc are permitted.
2. Fishing is fly only with conventional fly fishing tackle. Maximum hook size no 8 and maximum length of lure 1.52 inches (38mm). Hooks must be barbless or have the barb squeezed down.
3. A current Environment Agency rod licence must be held by Members and Guests.
4. All members must sign in before starting to fish and when signing out record all fish caught and number taken.
5. Weekly Bag Limit
The total number of fish taken (killed) from the Stillwater Fisheries will not exceed 4 (four) in any one week. This can be four in one visit from one venue or a combination from both venues but no more than four in total. Members may visit each fishery up to 3 times per week.
6. Catch Limit
There is no catch limit. Fish that are to be returned must be carefully handled with wet hands and equally carefully returned to the water and ensured that they swim away, or better still, if circumstances permit, not removed at all but unhooked in the net.
Only rainbows below 3lbs to be dispatched. Larger rainbows and all other species to be safely returned.
7. Fish caught that are bleeding or severely distressed must be retained, irrespective of size and will count towards the catch limit. A member has the right to respectfully ask to inspect another member’s catch at any time. The member shall not refuse to allow this.
8. No member shall sell, or barter any fish taken from Salopian waters and anyone found guilty of this shall be expelled from the club.
9. No leader material is to be discarded but taken away. No lead shot to be used at either fishery.
10. Wading is strictly prohibited at both fisheries.
11. Each member can buy up to six Guest tickets per year at £10 each, payable to Treasurer via the same Bank Transfer that is used to pay membership fee. Each guest can only kill two(2) fish at each visit.
Rod sharing is allowed with members’ close family at no charge. ie only one rod in use at any one time and only one catch limit used. Both paying and non paying guests must be accompanied by a member at all times.
12. At both fisheries cars to be parked on the designated areas only, Access for farm vehicles should be maintained at all times Fishing times 7.00am to one hour after sunset.
13. Brineton - Specific points
Minimum of noise to be strictly observed. A special request is that no whistling is allowed.* No fishing from lawn in front of farm house and no access across lawn.
14. Biosecurity - Follow Angling Trust Check, Clean, Dry rules for all equipment.
Salopian Flyfishers Stillwater Rules: Revised September 2021 v5
* At first sight a strange rule, included at the request of Mr. Huxley. Turkeys are nervous birds and, apparently, whistling upsets them and they may panic and injure themselves.